MGA: Bargain or Bust?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA: Bargain or Bust?
From: AGAN@bng.ge.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 10:02:19 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Everyone!!

   I am currently looking at a 1958 MGA and was wondering if someone could
tell me what it's worth.  The car's body is solid (except for some
rust on the rocker panels and usual clogged drain holes).  Needs a new
paint job.  All the Chrome is in excellent condition (recent restoration)
interior is clean (newer carpets and seats)  The top is in good condition
(looks fairly new) and the engine runs, but not great.   The guy selling
it is asking $4200 (I think it's a little high, but I'm no expert)  If
anybody out their is an expert and could give me an idea of what the car
is truly worth (or even what to watch out for) it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Bill

| William Agan  (agan@bng.ge.com)  Martin Marietta Control Systems  |
| Software Engineer                A Lockheed Martin Company        |