replacement fan for 1500 Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: replacement fan for 1500 Midget
From: warchol@may11.enet.dec.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 95 13:14:37 EDT
I have a 75 Midget with the 1500cc engine and the fan clutch is pretty much
shot. There's no problem with cooling but it makes an interesting sound at idle
when the bearings start to wobble. No matter how good the car looks it just
sounds terrible when it idles.

The last time I looked a replacement fan clutch was around $75 so I'm looking
into any alternatives. Does anyone know of a replacement flex fan that will let
me get rid of the fan clutch? I haven't seen anyting in the Moss or Victoria
British catalogs but somebody else might carry one.

If a flex fan isn't available has anyone successfully rebuilt one of these fan
clutches? It didn't look like it came apart very easily but it might be
possible to take it apart and have a machinist friend replace the bushings.

Anybody have a good used fan clutch they'd like to sell or a better source for
a replacement than Moss or Victoria?

Thanks,

Nick