Overheating Solved...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overheating Solved...
From: David Hall <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 95 7:38:26 PDT
Hello All..

Wanted to say "Thanks" for all of the great input I have received!
This is an excellent mailing group! :)

My overheating at idle was nothing more than a stuck/busted thermostat!

I pulled out the old one, and plopped it in a pan of water with a
candy thermometer.  It didn't open until 210 deg!  And then, it only opened
a crack!  So, I've put a 160 deg thermo in, and voila! No more overheating
problems!  (Well, so far - I've only driven it around last night, and this
morning, while it's been fairly cool.  But, it's behaiving much better on
the temp. indicator!)

Thanks again!

Dave Hall
dhall@vcd.hp.com