coolant recovery, mkII

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: coolant recovery, mkII
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 11:17:24 +0500
Fellow fiends:

Thanks to those who responed to my inquiry regarding coolant recovery
systems.  I cannot say that my system is fully leak free (in fact, I'm
pretty certain there is a pin-leak in the heater core-one I'd decided to
ignore for the time being).  Because of that I see how a preasureized
recovery system might not work.  I think I'm going to follow the advice of
Rodger Marion and Jay Tilton and, for the time being, route the overflow
tube into an empty Foster's lager can.  That means I have to go drink it
first (the lager, that is), which isn't so bad as my buddy the weatherman
says highs in the mid-90's today.  That will take care of my personal
coolant system; I hope it helps with the B's!

Is this list great, or what?  The advice I get is to go drink a beer.  I can
do that.  :-)

Will Zehring

P.S.  I will also change the thermostat to the 160F variety.  In fact, I
just got a flyer in the mail that M**S is having a "sale" on them.
Deffinately I agree: do not run the car without a thermostat!!!!

P.P.S.  Not that my car doesn't leak other noxious fluids, but has anyone
tried the fairly new, supposedly environmentally safe, coolant?  We have two
dogs at home and I'm not keen on their drinking my puddles of coolant.  Is
the 'new' stuff safe for animals?