MGB Front End

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Front End
From: atf@scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au (Arthur Freeman )
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 95 17:35:35 EST
Bill Beamon asked: Best way to release A-Arm........? and
Good way to cram new V8 bushings..............?.

Well Bill, I may not know the best way, but my way worked.

The A-arm can be taken out by using a scissor jack under it, when the
weight is all off the spring, then the scissor jack can be removed.

The biggest probelm seemed to be getting the pin out of the bushes
in the king pin.   Apparently these can easily seize, and may need
new bushes and reaming to size etc... (I was lucky!).

Putting the V8 bushes in, I used a little grease, and pressed them
in using an ordinary bench vise.  Worked a treat!.

Also helped firm up the front end and steering etc...   Good move I
reckon.

Lets know how you get on!.

Arthur down under (not only of the car!)