RE: 6th Annual British Cars Survey

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 6th Annual British Cars Survey
From: "Robb Pryor" <robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 10:36:09 -0700
This is just a reminder, for those who may have missed the first notice.
I am now at the half-way point for gathering the surveys.  At this point in
time, I have 190 survey entries, up from last year.  July 21st is the
deadline.

I have received a couple of bounces to my response acknowledgements.  If you
sent it, I probably got it, but if you want positive confirmation and haven't
received it, ping me about it, I'll try to get through again.

Here are the guidelines one more time.

For the next two weeks, until July 21st, I'll be accepting survey responses,
by E-MAIL DIRECTLY TO ME ONLY, not to any of the lists.  I will e-mail an
acknowledgement back for each survey entry that I get.  The reason for this
is to keep the extra traffic off the main lists.

After the 21st, I will process the survey responses, put them on the SOL archive
and post that I have done so.  After I post that the results are ready, I will
accept corrections, additions, deletions, whatever to your survey entry.  One
week after I post the results, I will stop accepting corrections, put the final,
corrected, survey on the SOL archive server and post that the survey for the
year
is done.

As a reminder to those of you who have an entry from last year, you can copy it
and then make whatever changes are required.  For new entries, PLEASE USE THE
FORM BELOW AS A SAMPLE.  Replace my information with your own.

[START OF FORM CUT HERE]
Name:   Robb Pryor
Email:  robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com
WWW:    (Put your WWWeb Home Page location here, if you have one)
Mail:   Silicon Graphics, Inc.,
        2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.
        Mountain View, CA 94039
Phone:  (415)390-1230

MAKE            MODEL                   YEAR    COND    NOTES
Austin-Healey   3000 Mk.I               '60     5       4-seater (2)
Austin-Healey   3000 Mk.I               '60     2/4     2-seater (1)

COMMENTS:
(1) Overall, car is in very good condition after complete restoration ~13yrs.
    ago but has been idle in garage for last 5 yrs.
(2) Was daily driver.  Now awaiting time and funds for complete rebuild.
    Project start, next summer.

[END OF FORM CUT HERE]

The descriptions for condition codes, are listed below.

Rating Scale
------------
1)  Mint; show quality

2)  Excellent; not show quality, but everything works and the paint, body
    and interior show no defects or wear.

3)  Good; not everything works, the paint, body and interior not perfect
    but nothing needs immediate attention.

4)  Fair; some mechanical work is needed to put the car in proper working
    order, it could use paint/body work; however, the car is driveable.

5)  Poor/Under (re)construction;  Car needs work to be driveable again.
    Everything is there, car is restoreable.

6)  Basket Case/Parts Car;  Parts may not all be there, car may or may
    not be restoreable.
_____________               _____________ Robb Pryor, Silicon Graphics,
  \__________               __________/   Mountain View, CA 94039
    \________ AUSTIN-HEALEY ________/     VOICE:(415) 390-1230