MG Registration

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Registration
From: MG1935@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 1995 14:13:20 -0400
On 95-07-15 Keith wrote:

>Is the 51TD registered with the New England T Register? The Register
>maintains a database of all pre-war and T types. Each car is given a
>Register serial number,my TF is no 2820 for instance,and the numbers are
>up in the 11000 range now.This way as cars change ownership the cars
>whereabouts is always known because we are only at best the temporary
>custodians of these fine historic machines.

Is this right?  I was a member of the NEMGTR and when I sold my TD the new
owner inquired about using my old registration number but was assigned a new
number for the car.  I kept the old number.  I have heard similar stories.
 Does that mean that TD had 2 numbers?  I think 11000 represents how many
people have ever been members, not cars registered.

Mark Dement
'35 PA
'59 MGA