Re: Fuel Float Repair

To: ciaffone@nando.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Float Repair
From: kralmv@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu (Milo Kral)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 07:58:10 -0500 (CDT)
>So I carved a large cork
>and fitted that.  Seems to work just great.  I wonder
>what the lifespan of a cork float in a fas tank will be??
>In any case, my fuel guage works.  Coolness.

I don't think that the cork is going to last for long.  The previous owner
on my '71 TR6 tried this and when I got the car the tank never read more
than 1/4 full.  When I pulled the sender out of the tank,  there was a
gas-logged cork where the plastic float should have been.  For all the
trouble that this is to remove and replace,  you should just buy a new one.
~$50 from VB.

Milo Kral