MGB Front Bumper Removal

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Front Bumper Removal
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 95 13:10:46 EDT
I was trying to remove the rubber front bumper from a '79 MGB last night.
The heavily rusted bolts inside the drivers side fender well broke.  OK, I
can drill them out later.  The bolts inside the passenger side fender well
came off easy; go figure.

The Nuts inside the engine bay came off easy, since they'd been protected.

Not so the nuts on the underside of the bumper which have been exposed to the
elements.  I thought the nut was turning, but the (bolt? threaded stud?) is
what is actually turning.

*&#$@!  How am I going to get this bumper off?  At this point I'm looking at
getting one of those wire hacksaws and cutting thru the remaining two bolts.

Does anybody have a better idea?  This area isn't exactly accessible for a
torch.

thanks in advance for any help

Sean Johnson