MGB-GT parts car near Baltimore

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB-GT parts car near Baltimore
From: "Peter J Barrance" <pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 16:28:58 -0400
Hi MG-people -

A friend of mine has decided he needs to get rid of an MGB-GT that's been
sitting in his driveway for some time - I think 3 or so years. It's a bit rough
- I haven't crawled under it but I've seen that the there's rust lying on the
ground below the rockers - don't know how structural it is. It ran fine when he
stopped driving it - but he believes the block or head was cracked - would foul
a plug every so often (antifreeze in the cylinder I guess). No O/D, no WW.
Probably best as a parts car but might make a nice restoration project for
someone who wants it. Probably a trailer job to get it home - there's a tire
down I think. The car has a 72 build date, 74 title.

The car's located in Jarrettsville, MD, about 30 mi N of Baltimore.

Anyone interested please send me an e-line at pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu. He's
basically just looking to save it from the crusher. Will trade for any TR6 bits
or a few bucks.

Pete

--

Peter Barrance
Johns Hopkins University Orthopaedic Biomechanics Lab

Phone: (410) 532-4492   Fax: (410) 532-4488  Email: pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu