RE: Right Hander Cutout

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Right Hander Cutout
From: MicroTen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 00:12:27 -0400
> Here's an interesting problem: '79 MGB - when I take a sharp right turn
> the engine sometimes cuts out for a second or 2... After that itpicks up
> & runs great again.  Note: this only occurs on a right turn.  I assume
> that its due to some carburation problem - fuel starvation.  Anyone have
> any ideas??

Had the same problem with my 73B.  It was the charcoal canister flooding with
fuel.  I did some poking around, and found a little piece of junk in one of
the carb needle seats, and it was causing  the carb to flood at times and
then killing the car in the corners (especially right handers because the
canister is on the right side of the car, I guess).

Good Luck!

MicroTen@aol.com