Re: Alternator Light

To: "Allan R. Hovis" <hovisa@nando.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternator Light
From: Alan Brooke <alban@psdb-tb.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 12:56:06 +0100
>the making. It seems to be worse when I rev the engine and goes out when I
>let off the gas. Anyone seen this before and know whats up?

I had this happen in a Mini I used to own. It turned out to be a dodgy
power feed to the ignition from the solenoid. The ignition was actually
drawing its power through the lamp filament and the alternator windings,
hence the lamp was coming on dimly at idle and more strongly as the revs
rose. Took me ages to suss out the problem!

Hope this helps.
Alan B