BPO story

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: BPO story
From: MarvinCX2@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 03:24:41 -0400
I work at a place where everyone punches a clock, even the owners of the
company.  There are incentives to being on time, and it is very looked down
upon to be late.  Anyhow, this morning I was running about 2 minutes behind
my normal schedule (I usually have about a 3 minute cushion).  I got out to
my car and realized that I had locked my keys in my apartment.  Now, I
usually keep a spare key in a spare car that rarely moves, but I had to use
the spare key recently, and had not returned it.  I remembered my mechanic
once telling me that any old chevy key would start my car.  So, there I was
getting further behind schedule, with no keys.  Flash, the lightbulb goes
off, and I remember that when I filled the windshield washer fluid bottle on
my 67 MGB, there was some relatively uncut key in there.  Removed the bottle,
fished out the key, and said to myself, I hope this works, I know my regular
key has more notches.  Lo and behold the key started the car!  I had to speed
at 90mph or so, but I got to work on time.  The Blessed Previous Owner, who
also gave me all his spare parts including a wire wheel rear axle when I
bought the car, came through for me again.  And he doesn't even know it!  No
DPO stories yet with this car.

Phil Bates
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C