Re: Colourtuning problems

To: Kevin.Sullivan@sfo-nichols.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Colourtuning problems
From: MG1935@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 22:19:05 -0400
Kevin wrote that a colortune showed his MGA running too rich, even when he
believed it was not.
I bought a colortune and tried it on my MGA first.  I had the same result
with newly (completely) rebuilt carbs.  The colortune showed I was too rich
at idle and low RPM but "blued up" at higher RPM.  I made a compromise
between the colortune and what ran the best.
I also tried the colortune on my '35 PA with much better success.  Although I
think it is a neat "gadget" I don't put a lot of faith in it.

Mark Dement
'35 PA (PB engine)
'59 MGA (1600 engine)