Re: Camping at Monterey CA

To: baker@islandnet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camping at Monterey CA
From: RickEraser@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 09:09:32 -0400
There are campsites at the Laguna Seca Recreation area.  I have stayed in
them for IMSA and IndyCar events up until recently,  when IndyCar or Scramp
realized how valuable they were and began to charge accordingly.

If you are going in August,  I would assume you would be going for the
Historics.  I can only assume that the onsite campgrounds are sold out plenty
in advance.  You should contact the Monterey Chamber of Commerce.  I don't
have the number.

Laguna Seca Raceway
P.O. Box Scramp
Monterey, CA  93942
(408) 648-5111

There is also a campground about 45 minutes from the track that I have stayed
at before.  It is very nicely tucked back into the hills and trees,  but does
require a 4x4 or rallye car, as there is a great twisty dirt road required to
get there.  Watch out for the bow hunters.

I don't know how to tell you to get there,  I just go from memory.  I will be
up there this year for the Historics,  so I could take notes if you really
want to know.

Rick