Re: synthetic oil additives

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: synthetic oil additives
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 09:58:35 +1000
>Can anyone advise me about usung a product called "Slick 50" (I think) in a
>'52 TD? I have been told that this was a teflon-coating additive that will
>prolong the life of the engine. I know not of this substance. My TD runs
>like a proverbial top. The engine is like new (after much work by good
>mechanics), and I hate to use something that could have a downside. I use
>Castrol in it now. Is this additive worthwhile? Thanks, Tom Britt
>
>   rasputin@gate.net
>                          The future is not what it used to be...
>       Look Busy!!!
There is a very good paper called "Snake Oil", which you can access on
http://www.aspect.com.au/miniweb/oil_additives.html

There is also a good paper on synthetic oils on
http://www.aspect.com.au/miniweb/syn_oil.html

And guess what they came from good old Oz

Graham>
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055