Re: Australian Ford Capri, sold in US as Mercury Capri.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Australian Ford Capri, sold in US as Mercury Capri.
From: JHranko@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 20:01:25 -0400
Ok, folks. Boot me off the list if you wish after this one, but I have a
confession to make.  I drove a friend's Capri.....and kinda liked it. Sure,
it's the one of the ugliest cars sold in the 1990's, but this particular
model handled much better than my MG ever will. No, I will NEVER trade my
beloved Midget for a Capri, but let's not be too harsh on them if we have
never driven one. I speak only of the XR2 turbo model, w/o the turbo and
upgraded suspension, I can't see any redeeming merits in the basic model.
Sorry if I have offended anyone, but at least I'm not trying to defend a TR7,
eh?

Jeremy Hranko
1972 MGB-GT
1975 Midget 1500

P.S. My friend's Capri has distinctly British reliabilty. Everytime I see
her, something else has broken on it!