RE: Late MGBGT overdrive

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Late MGBGT overdrive
From: Glenn Mapes <gmapes@ball.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 95 07:58:00 mdt
I had the exact same problem.  It turns out that all of the seals in the
overdrive had hardened and were not sealing.  There was enough leakage
through the seals that it would go into overdrive by itself - just like
yours.  I took the overdrive to a mechanic and had it gone through -
replaced all seals and one bearing that was fairly worn.  I don't know if
you can replace all of the seals while the unit is still in the car.
Glenn Mapes <gmapes@ball.com>
1968 MGB