Re: MGA Flambe - MK III + Questions

To: laner@teleport.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Flambe - MK III + Questions
From: DamitDick@megaweb.com (W. J. Richard Criswell)
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 1995 10:41:37
Lane...

>It has Allison electronic ignition on it. What do I need to know about it?

In my opinion the thing you need to know about an Allison electronic ignition
is how to replace it with
with the distributor out of you old engine! My LE had an Allison unit on it
when I bought it. Something
went wrong and it stranded me miles from home! No fixing it. Had to arrange a
tow home. At leaset
with a normal Lucas distributor you can carry a spare set of points, capacitor
and cap and at least
have a chance of making a roadside repair and getting yourself home. Better yet
install a dual point
Mallroy!

Not being an expert on MGAs, I'm not surprised that you find the 1500 unit
somewhat
underpowered compared to you old set up. The true 1600 MK II, which your old
car was
approaching, had noticeably more power than the 1600 which in turn was hotter
than the 1500.

Well, that's my 2/c for what it's worth.

Dick :>)
Have MG will travel
Dick :>)
Have MG will travel