MGTV

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGTV
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 08:36:12 +0500
Fellow fiends:

Before you call your "cable operator" demanding this new channel, be advised
that MGTV stands for "Michigan Government Television" and is our govenor's
plan to broadcast the goings on in the state house and senate.  ...yawn...
Potentially apocryphal story: a friend reports to me that in NYC the cable
companies obtain compliance on overdue bills by switching all channels for a
delinquent customer's service over to C-Span.  Its a form of electronic
torture that few can withstand.

****  Obligatory lbc content  ****
Regarding the sweepstakes: Tomorrow I'm taking Old Whitesides on a weekender
from Detroit to the Leelanau penninsula (best d**n lbc roads in the lower
half of the state).  Total mileage should be in the neigborhood of 7-800
after various errands and sidetrips are included.

Another test of MG reliability?  I'm bold to predict one quart of oil, about
35 gallons of gas but no other "matters" requiring my attention.  That's for
the car; regarding myself: I'd say a 24 hour glucose drip, possibly some
serum, orthopedic surgury (if extensive Swedish Masage doesn't restore
feeling to my lower body), and a skin transplant on my right shin and the
back of my neck.

Wish me luck.

Will "Chuck Yaeger would be sweating too" Zehring