Re: For the MG (and other Abingdon cars ...) obsessed only

To: SCHLINING.M.W-_at_BALT.PO.017@smtpgty.bwi.wec.com
Subject: Re: For the MG (and other Abingdon cars ...) obsessed only
From: Andrew Smith <asmith@BayNetworks.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 95 15:05:31 PDT
> From mgs-owner@triumph.cs.utah.edu Mon Aug 14 14:40:05 1995
> From: SCHLINING.M.W-_at_BALT.PO.017@smtpgty.bwi.wec.com
> Date: Mon, 14 Aug 95 09:06:52 EST
> To: mgs@autox.team.net, nvenn@mpc-uk.com (Neil Venn)
> Subject: Re: For the MG obsessed only
>
>      To All
>
>      Old Speckled Hen was a brewery in Abingdon-on-Thames and sold their
>      "eggs" in kegs and bottles.  I suspect that some of the best design
>      work was done over a pint.  I have never had the opertunity to taste
>      the brew.  Does anyone know where it avaliable in the States?
>
>      Abingdon was a close town very much attached to the MG factory.  Even
>      the brewery advertisement had the MG logo on it.

Well, I grew up around Abingdon and the smell of brewing on Thursday mornings
must have influenced me in car choice. However, I graduated from Morland's
at the ripe age of 16 via home-brew onto better local beers such as Brakspears
from Henley-on-Thames. I wouldn't go too far out of my way to locate some
Morland's over here, no matter how authentic it might be for working on the car.
I find that contraband Boot's Best Bitter kits brewed in 40-pint kegs work
fine for my Healey (and besides, the wort cans are useful for dunking car
parts in).

Andrew Smith
Palo Alto CA USA
'60 Healey 3000 Mk.I