Re:Fuel tanks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Fuel tanks
From: Kevin Buckley <kb@techprt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 95 09:08:28 BST
>Author:  wkube@iadfw.net at BALT.SMTP
>Date:    8/14/95 11:27 AM
>

>I am restoring a '79B.  I have removed and cleaned the fuel tank.  There was
>some minor rust on the top surface that did not penetrate through to the
>inside.  Outside has been derusted, primed, and painted.  Minor surface rust
>on the inside.  I have the Moss etching solution and slushing compound but
>have not used it yet.  Questions:
>
>1. Anyone used this stuff before?
>
>2. Any pros or cons?
>
>3. Any cautions to be aware of?
>
>4. Any additional advice?
>
>Thanks for your thoughts on this.
>
>Wayne M. Kube
>Plano, TX
>'79B slowly going back together....

The only long term solution I've found to be successful for 'B' petrol tanks
(on both 'B's I've owned; '69 & '70) is to get a stainless steel one (&
'Hammerite' the boot floor above it before fitting).  Same goes for the exhaust.

Kevin

Mail:  Kevin Buckley                                  #####
       The Technology Partnership Ltd                 #####
       Melbourn, Royston                              #####
       Herts. SG8 6EE UK                              #####
Tel:   +44 1763 262626                                #####
Fax:   +44 1763 261582                        THE TECHNOLOGY PARTNERSHIP
EMail: kb@techprt.co.uk                               #####