painting rubber bumper

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: painting rubber bumper
From: pbailey@qnet.com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 95 18:47 EDT
iI have been in the lurk mode and thought I would add my $.02 worth I saw a
picture of r/b b with the bumpers painted to match the car and it looked good
so I thoght I would try it,if I didn't like it I could always as the stones
once said"Paint it Black"  So I went down to my local Pep Boys and bought some
flexible bumper adhesive & prompter and Flexible bumper primer these are
made by Plasti-coat and was readilly available at pep Boys.Of course they
didn't have
the original carmine red body paint so I went to a local auto paint shop and
found out you can have original paint put in spray cans for$12 a can.Ant way
I sanded the bumpers prompted and primed them put on the body color and it
looks real nice! I left the panel under the front bumper black so the
appearace of the car looks less nose heavy and actually looks a lot lower I
know the isn't keeping it totally original but I think it is a great
improvement over the black bumpers maybe i'll take a picture and upload it
some time.
Pat Bailey
79 B  wife 89 Aerobarge