??? was: Re: Fuel tanks.....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ??? was: Re: Fuel tanks.....
From: JAMES <JBMYERS@msuvx2.memphis.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 17:22:19 -0500 (CDT)
Well, now I'm annoyed! ( not _really_, just miffed)

When I was looking for a gas tank to replace the previous gas/rust/goop
tank, I called VB and Moss, asking specifically if there was a replacement tank
with the pickup tube that came out with the sending unit. I remember not being
able to find such an animal, and going ahead and getting on with the pickup
tube permanently fixed to the tank.

Now Christopher Reichle and Sean Johnson tell me their inlet tubes come out!
Aaarrrggh!

Not that I look forward to being able to pull the pickup tube, but it would
have been nice on the original tank, and I'm sure that in 10 or 15 years, I'll
want to be able to do so. harrumph.

Are later B gas tanks all equipped this way? I thought after '68 or so, when
they went to 12 gal. tanks, they were all the same. Guess not.

On the bright side, not having any baffles or expansion chambers, I can get a
little over 14 gallons in it, as long as I don't drive uphill until the filler
neck empties ;^)

James "obsessed about the oddest things" B.
'71 MGB
'71 LeSabre