Re: To all wrenching women

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To all wrenching women
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 17:55:49 PDT
Ray replied to Damit Dick:

> I have wondered whether a woman who was nuts about cars herself would be a
> better mate for me than one who was not particularly interested in cars
> herself, but willing to let me be a car nut without complaining.
>
> On the one hand, shared interests seem like a fine thing.  On the other, a
> mate who knew enough to criticise my mechanical work might be very
> difficult to tolerate at times.   I have to think about this...

My boyfriend's only vehicle is a '91 Toyota pickup that never needs work.
It's one of his most endearing traits.  One "car guy" per household
cluttering up the yard with cars and the garage with parts and tools is
enough.  So my advice is to avoid those wrenching women like the plague.
Of course, if you married one, you could register with Snap-on.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com