Oil Cooler

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mg)
Subject: Oil Cooler
From: Graham Knight <graham@disr.den.mmc.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 95 12:10:02 MDT
Hello fine folks,
        This weekend i plan on putting a new clutch in my '73 Midget. In
preparation i have removed the bonnet and the front grill and some
various engine parts. While doing this i noticed that there is an
extra radiator of sorts in front of the main radiator, this has
a rubber line that attaches to the engine block. I'm assuming that
this is an oil cooler. So my questions: (always questions 'eh?)

        1). Did Midgets come stock with an oil cooler (haynes has no comment ;)
        2). Should i remove it? I dont like Oil Coolers much, my experience is
that the loss of pressure isn't worth the cooling.

        Any thoughts?

        Update: The electrical system now works! Ok, everything except the
headlights :). I feel raher lucky about this as half way through my
electrical detective work i seriously considered just buying a new
wiring harness ($245) and starting from scratch. The PO has done
a fair amount of wiring :(  but i was actually able to track everything
down! I'll get the headlights working tonite.

        With the rest of the lights working i am now street legal during
the day and i went for a long joyous ride up and down the canyon around
my house - 6 miles of winding narrow canyon from Denver to my
house - perfect LBC territory!! :)

        Thanks again to everyone for all the help. I'm finding that the
Midget is fun to work on - and i've adapted well from working on the
Jeep. When skinning a knuckle instead of yelling "You f*cking piece
of sh*t" i yell "You bloody piece of junk".  :) I just wish
it was as easy to crawl under as the Jeep is! :)

        Graham

--
Graham Knight           graham@disr.den.mmc.com                   303-977-7085