Compression

To: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Subject: Compression
From: "Garraway, Carey & Co., Pty. Ltd." <fjl@qdot.qld.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 16:35:32 +1000 (EST)
I haven't checked the compression but I believe I am still in good
condition it doesn't ping and I haven't had to tune it other than gapping
the valves (the guys at Abington Motors here in Brisbane didn't have to
do a thing when I brought it into them after I reassembled it).  It was a
first, not having a shop charge me for work they didn't have to do.  In
the States I have caught almost every garage try to screw me for work that I
didn't need one way or another, try that is!  (example: rebuild the trans
US$2500 because the power pack US$60 was faulty, "I don't think so AAMCO")

FYI I believe I have a 67 B (no plate to determine).  So does that make
it a high compression?

Dereck "get stuffed AAMCO" Carey