Curious steering question.

To: "'MG Group'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Curious steering question.
From: "J. Michael Roach" <mroach@socketis.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 09:04:19 -0500
Thanks for all the good comments about the handling.  This has inspired =
another question with which I hope you all can help.

My daily driver is a '90 Mitsubishi Galant.  If you've ever driven one =
of these, you're probably aware of wonderful road feel and peppy =
handling of this sedan.  However, I assumed the responsiveness of the =
steering in an MG would surpass this.  The particular problem I'm =
having:  the steering in my '75 Midget does not self center in the =
turns.

When I complained to a friend that my car didn't have self-centering =
steering, he said, "Not to worry; your car has a self-centered driver!"  =
Although amusing, it doesn't help the situation.

Should the steering tend to straight, or is this "feature" typical of =
the MGs?  If it should, what could be the problem and thus, how can I =
fix it?

j. michael