Re: What Battery?

To: Danhiltz@aol.com
Subject: Re: What Battery?
From: Steve Patchel <spatchel@radford.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 08:31:17 -0700
Dan:

I have an Interstate 12V fitted to my 71B. It sits behind the passenger and
required no modification to the box, only needed longer cables to reach the
terminals..

Got the battery from my local Shell station. Apparently MG's are still
listed in the Interstate catalog and are not a special order. The battery
was actually " on the shelf" at the gas station and was installed
immediately. The best part was that there was no "premium" on the price
because the part was headed for an MG. This is the 2nd battery of this type
I've had in the car. No problems with the 1st, it lasted over 6 years old
and out lived more than one Lucas alternator.

Here's the bad news I do not know the model #, let me know if you have
trouble locating it and I'll check the car and let you know.

Hope this helps

At 09:28 PM 9/5/95 -0400, you wrote:
>What size 12 volt battery can I use to replace the 2 sixes in my 74B? The
>space I have to work with is 7"deep, 8" wide and 11" high. The 26 series is
>too wide.

Stephen M. Patchel
spatchel@radford.com
408-954-0968 X214