Re: to SU or not to SU (New SU's)

To: ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: to SU or not to SU (New SU's)
From: gregg@cyrix.com (Greg Grohoski)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 95 17:01:59 CDT
I would be careful using the 'new SU' option.
I recently ordered and installed a new set
of HS4's from Moss.  Whereas my old HS4's
were fixed needle, the new type was spring-loaded.
Also, the jet linkage for the choke lever was
slightly different (I believe somewhat inferior
to the original).  There were a few other minor
differences.  It looks to me like the new carbs
have been slightly cost-engineered.  Other than
that, they work fine.  In general I prefer the
rebuild route, University Motors in Michigan
also does a really nice SU rebuild.

greg
----- Begin Included Message -----