Yet another alternator question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yet another alternator question
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 20:16:54 -24000
I asked this question at the end of another long message and got no replies.
I'll try again.

1979 MGB w/Lucas Alternator has two ports for plugs in back.  One is the
three-wire plug.  The other is a single plug port.  Only three wires are
shown going to the alternator.  What's this other plug for?

Sean "I stay up nights thinking about these things" Johnson
'79 MGB

P.S.
Q: What do you get when you combine an agnostic, an insomniac, and a dyslexic?
A: A person who stays up all night wondering whether there really is a Dog.
 Think about it.