Re: 80 MGB horsepower?

To: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Subject: Re: 80 MGB horsepower?
From: Steve Patchel <spatchel@radford.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 13:00:07 -0700
At 01:53 PM 9/15/95 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anybody know how much horsepower a 80 Fed. MGB has with the single
>Zenith carb??  The pre-smog versions had about 95hp, but the rubber bumper
>cars were really detuned to the point BL wouldn't say what the power was.
>Thanks,
>
>Richard White
>80 MGB
>72 XKE
>67 Sprite
>
>Richard:

Somewhere I think I have seen horse power #'s that deterioated from 60 down
to the 45 range as the pollution police got more of a strangle hold on MG's.

I do know that there is a big difference,  having driven both,  between my
de-smogged 71B and a 79B owned by one of my associates at work.

Sorry that I can be more definite.
Stephen M. Patchel
spatchel@radford.com
408-954-0968 X214