Reply to: Can you help me get my '75 MGB running again?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Reply to: Can you help me get my '75 MGB running again?
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 1995 02:55:11 EDT
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Skippy:
I haven't tried this on a MG engine but it worked well on a old farm
engine I restored:
To isolate the problem to fuel or electrics  disconnect the fuel line
from the carb and plug the line ( also helps to disconnect the power to
the pump ), take a propane touch stick it in the barrel of the carb,
start the engine .The engine will run for a minute on the fuel in the
bowl
Open the valve on the touch and adjust volume so the engine is running
on the propane. If the problem disappears start looking for fuel
problems.
If it continues the problem is electrical.
 This worked for me on a International Harvester Hit and Miss farm
engine.
BOB NOGUEIRA
PS : DON"T LIGHT THE TOUCH no matter how mad you get !!!!!!!

> Date: Friday, 15-Sep-95 05:52 PM
>
> From: Skippy                   \ Internet:    (psd105@psu.edu)

> Subject: Can you help me get my '75 MGB running again?
>
> Can you help me?
>
> My 1975 MGB has not actually run in 6 months.  The truth is that I
can not
> keep
> it running, it shuts itself off after about 30 seconds to a minute.
The

--------End of original message --------