rad. bushing blowout!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: rad. bushing blowout!
From: "FRANCIS J. URICCHIO M.D." <uricchio@cvi.hahnemann.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 1995 21:07:57 EDT
I had the unpleasant experience of having the fan heat sensor on the radiator
blow out of the bushing and send radiator fluid traveling about the engine
compartment. It does not want to stay in place once returned to its proper
location. I have two questions 1) will relacing the rubber bushing alone cure
the problem and 2) I am used to thinking of radiators as a high pressure
system. This bushing/sensor combination does not seem designed to withstand
high pressure. Is there something different about this cooling system compared
to say an american car?? Thanks in advance.

                Chip Uricchio
                Wallingford, PA
                79B
                uricchio@cvi.hahnemann.edu