Engine Help Required

To: mgs@autox.team.net.internet.mts
Subject: Engine Help Required
From: "Graham Naylor" <naylorg@a1chefs.rdgmts.reo.mts.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 95 06:33:31 +0200
[This message is converted from WPS-PLUS to ASCII]

Hi,

I am currently rebuilding a classic MGB (in my opinion anyway), it is
a 1967 MK1 Roadster in British racing Green with Wires, Overdrive,
Leather Seats etc.

The engine has been apart for about 10 years, all the major parts are
there but with one problem. Over the years the Main bearing Caps have
become separated from the block, three of the five were either in
place or are easily identified but the other two are identical
(positions 2 and 4) and have become mixed up. What is the best way of
ensuring they are replaced in the original positions.

As the engine is the original one for the car I would like to keep it
rather than buying another one from a scrappie.

Thanks for any ideas in advance

Graham Naylor