'62 MGA with B Motor (fwd)

To: cars mg <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '62 MGA with B Motor (fwd)
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 17:17:34 -0400 (EDT)
I have been looking for an MGA for a while now, and saw one advertised
about 3 hours away from here.  I haven't seen it yet.  It's a '62, no
rust, garaged, licensed and registered, but only drven about 1000 miles
in the last 15 years or so.  The asking price is $4500.  The bad news is
that it has a MGB engine in it, and has had since '79 when the owner
aquired it.  My question is, is this really bad news?  I've wanted
an MGA for a long time, and the B engine seems like it might actually be
an improvement over the original, but I don't know.  I don't care about
originality that much, I just want it to drive around the hills of
Upstate New York in the summertime (both weeks :<) ), but I don't want to
buy junk either.  Any thoughts?  Any one have an A with a B motor?

TIA

Tom Allen   -no LBC (yet!)