Re: Silly Part Name

To: Steve Patchel <spatchel@radford.com>
Subject: Re: Silly Part Name
From: ek_john_luthy <luthy@cesd.servtech.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 23:10:06 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 28 Sep 1995, Steve Patchel wrote:

> MY favorite has always been "glup valve". I think it was British Leland's
> way of tell us Yanks what they thought of our emission standards
>
> Also thanks to a pervious submission, I know have the proper technical term
> for the fasteners on the battery cover.
> Stephen M. Patchel
> spatchel@radford.com
> 408-954-0968 X214

silly ?  yes but it describes it purpose very well it takes in a"gulp" of
air in to the intake manifold. In theory.
         This name was also applied to the part that did the same thing on
American cars. If the air was diverted to the intake it was called gulp
valve and if the air was diverted to the atmosphere it was called a
diverter valve.
        Lex