Re: Oil filler cap mystery

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil filler cap mystery
From: F.vanDalen@LR.TUDelft.NL (F. van Dalen)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 12:42:01 +0100
Hi Guys,

Thank you all very much in solving the oil filler cap mystery for me. I put the
various responses together, and found the section in Haynes that explains that
to test the PCV valve you should get an increase in RPM when you lift the cap.
Turns out it doesn't have much to do with the rich mixture! I gues the increase
in airflow from the crankcase gives higher RPM even if it leans the mixture
a bit on properly adjusted carbettors.

Frank "Isn't it amazing how much my computer knows about my MG" van Dalen