Manifold bolts, 1500cc

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Manifold bolts, 1500cc
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 17:52:51 -0600 (MDT)
        I'm sure that many of you have encountered this problem.  Is
there a special tool for removing the two lower nuts that hold the inlet
and exhaust manifold to the head?
        I've removed a few of these now, and still haven't found a wrench
that fits in that in that space, even though the nuts are extra length.
I always end up using an open ended crescent wrench, turning it at an
awkward angle.  I've tried a box wrench, but even one with a step/bend in
it doesn't cut it!
        The removal isn't the main part of the problem though: it's the
tightening I have more worries about because I cannot get enough torque
on them.

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorado State University