re: Re: MGB brakes

To: Sean Johnson <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Subject: re: Re: MGB brakes
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 09:00:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 3 Oct 1995, Sean Johnson wrote:

> Do you have more info on the Mustang brake caliper switch for the MGB
> (articles, references, contacts)?  Do you need to switch to a Ford disk?
> Which fittings need to be adapted?

Sean-

There is a write-up by Lindsay Porter in his book _MGB_Purchase_and
DIY_Restoration_ (Vol. 1) that describes yet another novel brake
alternative: custom built MGBV8 calipers.  I cant remember all of the
details, but it uses the inner half of the standard MGB caliper and the
outer half of a Triumph #:O caliper (or vice-versa).  A thicker rotor
from a Triumph is fitted, instead of the stock MGB rotor.

Apparently, these hybrid calipers are virtually identical to those
which were used on the factory V8s and can be made-up for a fraction
of the price.  Might we worth a look...

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.             'Managing programmers
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA      is like trying to herd cats'
   (610) 481-2646                                      --Anonymous