Re: heater fan

To: mgs@autox.team.NET
Subject: Re: heater fan
From: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:08:02 +0100
pbailey@qnet.com said :

>>> .... curse Lucas WHY does the fan go thru the emrg switch??

I think the answer to that one is something like this:

When you break down due to faulty electrics one of two things happens
(beleive me I've had them both).  Either the emergency lights don't work,
so no-one can see you / you can't signal the hazard.  Or they do work, which
is not nearly disastrous enough for Lucas, so they at least make sure that
the heater can't be used to survive the inevitable freezing weather.

Maybe Lucas was secretly owned by the Nazis or something ??

Serously though, we love them really - what would we talk about if our
cars were reliable ?

Andy
Andy Castellano Smith
PhD Student.  United Medical & Dental Schools.
Guys and St Thomas' Hospital Trust.  London Bridge.

Formerly A.Smith@icr.ac.uk