Re: Headlights '71 MGB

To: "Nick Solberg" <nbsolberg@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Headlights '71 MGB
From: craig@wco.com (craig wiper)
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 1995 18:59:29 -0700
>I have lost my High Beams on my '71 MGB.
>
>When I use the Hi-Lo switch I
>have lights with the switch towards the steering wheel - no lights at all
>with the switch away from the steering wheel.
>
>I have no High Beam
>Indicator with the switch in either position.
>
>Looking at the headlight(s)
>I can't really tell if the working light is Hi or Lo.
>
>Questions:
>       1. What
>is the correct switch position for Hi Beams?
>       2. Any ideas where to start
>looking?
>
>Nick Solberg  - nbsolberg@msn.com
>
>Nick, has it always been this way? I had weird light problems with my '74 B
when I first got it. I finally resolved the problems by getting the Haynes
manual with all the electric system schematics in it. Try tracing out the
connections on the switch and matching them to what the schematic says they
are supposed to be. (You know, the right colored wires on the right lugs,
etc.  Once I did this and reconnected the wires properly, everything worked
as it was supposed to and still does.

Craig Wiper
early '74 MGB

craig@wco.com