More on fire extinguishers

To: mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More on fire extinguishers
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 12:30:06 -0600 (MDT)
Some good points mentioned on this question that I originally asked:
        Where should I mount a fire extinguisher?

I like the suggestion of mounting it right in front of the passenger
seat.  I do feel that it is unlikely to break free and jump over to the
drivers' side and wedge under the brake or clutch pedal. I did have this
happen with a milk bottle once in England!

One other point I'd like to mention is that this car, '75 Spitfire, will
not be entering in any races any time soon.  The extinguisher was just an
extra insurance. However, I may well convert it to race one day, or
convert my '78 Midget.

Also, the plastic clip should not be exposed to the ultraviolet light
that much in either my Midget or Spitfire.

Thanks for all the info.

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorado State University