'71 MGB Hi Beam Headlights

To: "'MG BBS'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '71 MGB Hi Beam Headlights
From: "Nick Solberg" <nbsolberg@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 95 20:25:51 UT
First, I want to thank everyone who responded to my Hi Beam headlight
problem. I have just spent the morning fixing them.

Was bum contacts on
the Hi-Lo Beam/Directional light switch. They now work great.

For those
interested, or who haven't tried to replace or work on the steering column
switches - you have to drop the steering column to get the cowling off the
column and to remove the switches, at least on a '71 MGB. Not a big job, just
troublesome, but isn't that part of life in the LBC lane?

I took the
switch out to get at the contacts on a work bench - burnished them good, they
should hold up for a while. I understand this switch assembly is no longer
available - so may have to search some to find a backup, anyone out there
have one for sale?

Nick - nbsolberg@msn.com