Re: List Changes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL), mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: List Changes
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 95 9:37:10 CDT
Mark J Bradakis writes:
> As many of you have no doubt noticed, mail from Team.Net is different.  The
> following lists are currently digest only, no real-time mailings:
> autocross
> british-cars
> mgs
> triumphs
>
> [snip]
>
> Over the next week or two I will be looking into some bottlenecks, upgrading
> a few things, and trying to do what I can.  I may or may not restore the
> real time lists after that, we shall see.  I do, however, have some other
> plans in the works, which I will write about soon.  A hint, though: get your
> checkbooks ready.

I for one have no idea how Mark has put up with us for this long.
Thanks and a tip o' the hat!

I have mentioned this before, but I think it deserves mentioning
again:  usenet newsgroups.  Yes, they have their problems, and not
everyone gets them, but they do serve a purpose.  There may be a place
for rec.autos.british[.mg|.triumph] to handle the daily chit-chat that
used to occur on the real-time mail lists.  The digest could then
serve as a place for the more detailed, obtuse, or technical
discussions.  And those who can't get usenet would still have the
digest.

There are precedents for this.  The music group Rush has both a
newsgroup and a digest.  So do the homebrewers.

Just my 2 pence,