Re: Digest

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Digest
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 12:31:04 +0600
craig@wco.com (craig wiper) writes:

>I don't like the new digest form. It makes it harder for me to review email
>individually and respond accordingly. I enjoyed the service much more when I
>could receive each mailing individually. Just thought you'd like to know
>that not everyone wants the digest!

Second that opinion.  In addition to Craig's complaints, I much preferred
complete headers.  Specifically, I'd like to see the digest properly parse
the "TO:" and "CC:" headers.  For instance, if a message is sent to both the
MG and SOL lists, I don't think those who subscribe to only one will never
know it went to both, reducing (eliminating even) interatction among the
various lists.  Personally, I thought this interaction made the non-digest
form significantly richer than the current digest form.
--
Jay Tilton / jtilton@vt.edu  (vt = Virginia Tech  vt <> Vermont)
Home page: http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html