'74 exhaust

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: '74 exhaust
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 10:34:54 -0500 (CDT)
Hi, me again.  Thanks for the responses on the idle speed inquiry; I
forgot to mention that my butterfly plates were already soldered up (I
guess I shouldn't have claimed that the car was "bone-stock").

ANYWAY...

A far more annoying problem is the hole in my center resonator.  A
couple of years ago I replaced all three pieces of my three-piece
exhaust with the OEM mild steel stuff.  Now the center section has a
crack at the resonator/pipe weld.  I wanna bag it and stick in a
straight pipe.  It tends to drag the ground anyway.

Other than the requirement for adequate flow, I don't know diddly about
exhaust system theory.  Why are there two resonators, and how differently
will my car behave if I eliminate the forward one?

Thanks, guys.

--

Todd "Koff Koff" Mullins
todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil     On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer that sounds like a damned lawnmower