Overdrive Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive Question
From: "Graham Naylor" <naylorg@a1chefs.rdgmts.reo.mts.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 07:26:15 +0100
[This message is converted from WPS-PLUS to ASCII]

Hi,

As part of the rebuild of my 1967 MGB Roadster I intend to fit an
Overdrive Gearbox in place of the standard unit. I have purchased a
suitable gearbox with OD from a breakers and have rebuilt the box with
new bearings, seals, synchros etc. The OD unit is one of the early
types fitted to the B (Laycock D I think) and its history is unknown.

Is it possible to test the unit on the bench and how easy are they to
work on if it does need fixing or should I just bite the bullet and
get an exchange unit.

Thanks in advance

Graham Naylor