Re: wet distributor woes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wet distributor woes
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 95 07:58 EDT
________On Thu, 26 Oct 1995, chris lenth wrote:_____________
> I'm getting ready to run up to Pittsburgh from Southwest-VA this weekend and
> I'm am trying to head off some anticipated problems being that rain is
> forecasted.  My '73B is in great shape and I have put on 15000+ miles since
> may.  However, the last couple of times that I have driven in HEAVY rains,
> water has gotten into the distributor and shut me down...

I used to drive an MGA in Pittsbugh (during my grad school days) & often
had the same problem.  A good rubber glove - the kind they sell to wash
dishes with - works well.  Use the five fingers for the dist. wires ( small
holes in the ond of each & tape them if you wish) and then roll down the
palm part over the dist. body.  The heat will eventually make it loose its
elasticity, but that will take several months.

John

John A. Wise                                    Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900   USA