Re: Of mice and mildew

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Of mice and mildew
From: Warren Titus <tris@li.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 15:39:53 -0400
At 11:07 AM 10/27/95 PDT, Denise Thorpe wrote:
>Some serious snipping has resulted in:

>> *Window* ??  Excuse me, an lbc tight enough that rolling the window down
>> makes a difference?
>
>The Britcar ragtop is the ultimate one-way valve -- water gets in and
>never gets out.
>
>> I sprinkle moth balls in the car and under it, because I have heard it
>> discourages mice.  No problems with them so far.
>
>I once got a pet from a '58 MGA coupe -- Ratso.
>
>Since my car lives outside with the top usually off, the neighborhood
>tomcats entertain their dates in it.  I guess it's safe, warm, and
>romantic under the black tonneau.  The smell is overpowering.  Some
>one wise in the ways of the world (Sasha, an 80 year old Ukranian woman)
>told me to spray ammonia in the car and the cats would leave it alone.
>She was wrong.  I guess the tomcats thought that their territory was
>being invaded by the ammonia cat.  Now, I'm happy if they don't get the
>driver's seat.  But at least I don't get mice.

This past Spring, I went into my garage to get the old 'B on the road. Mama
cat and 2 babies were happily ensconsed under the pedals. Mama having just
given birth moments before.

It took 2 days 'til I could get Mama cat to remove herself from the car.

The worst part is, these are not my cats. She just managed to find a way
into the garage, and leave me a present. This Winter, the garage has been
visitor proofed (I have racoons in the neighborhood).

Warren Titus
'76 MGB (now without cats)
tris@li.net